Welcome to Columbia Falls!
GATEWAY TO GLACIER PARK
Nestled in the Northeast corner of the spectacular Flathead Valley lies a community which boasts Montana hospitality and family fun like no other…Columbia Falls.
With a central location just minutes from Glacier National Park, Flathead Lake, numerous golf courses, and the Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, you’ll find year round attractions, accommodations, and dining with honest Montana flavor and value.
Not only is Columbia Falls “The Gateway to Glacier National Park”, it is the pathway to a rustic and scenic alternative route to Glacier National Park at Camas Creek Park Entrance. County Road 486, also called the North Fork Road, follows along the North Fork of the Flathead River.
The North Fork of the Flathead river is the western boundary of the park and has been designated a Wild and Scenic River. It is about 20 miles north to Camas Creek entrance to Glacier. The last nine miles of the roadway are not paved.
There are many recreational sites along this rustic route, offering hiking, fishing, sightseeing, photography, canoeing/rafting and camping opportunities.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Columbia Falls is home to a variety of industrial businesses, including Columbia Falls Aluminum Company, Plum Creek Timber Company and Stoltz Land & Lumber. In addition, our hometown offers growing antique shopping opportunities as well as plenty of food and fun. Our residents pride themselves on maintaining the “small town” family-oriented character, which is the backbone of this community.
FUN, INSIDE and OUT
While in Columbia Falls, you and your family can…
- Celebrate Heritage Days the last week end in July with a Rodeo, Parade, Craft Fair, Car Show, Basketball 3-on-3 Tournament and 5K & 10K Runs. FAMILY FUN!!
- Hike Columbia Mountain
- Golf at Meadow Lake Resort and Glacier View Golf Course
- Pick Huckleberries starting in July on both sides of Hungry Horse Reservoir
- Snowmobile on over 80 miles of groomed trails via the Canyon Creek Trailhead
- Listen to Summer Outdoor Concerts in Marantette Park
- Take the kids to Pinewood Family Aquatic Center with outdoor competitive swimming pool & leisure pool
- Make a splash at the waterslide & mini golf recreation complex
- Tour Hungry Horse Dam and Reservoir
To promote the prosperity of its members and the civic, commercial, industrial and agricultural interests of the community in a way which maintains a small town, family oriented character.