The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce has dedicated professionals who serve as our Chamber ambassadors. Meet our current ambassadors:
What do you love about our community? I moved to Columbia Falls Montana Area from Michigan as a Senior out of high school. It was supposed to be a vacation to visit family and here we are 17 years later, and I am still here. When coming to Montana I fell in love with the mountains as well as the arms wide open people; whether it was a friendly wave, or a break down someone was always willing to be friendly and help. That is what our community exists for. I am raising four children. All attend Columbia Falls School District as well.
Why did you join the ambassador program? I joined to actively participate in my community, not only for myself, but to represent my employer, Servpro Of Flathead County. Our Mission Statement being ” We Are Always Here To Help “. We specialize in water restoration, fires, mold, emergency ready Profiles, reconstruction and much more. We want to get more active within our communities that we serve, being the entire Flathead Valley. I chose to be an ambassador for the Columbia Falls Area Chamber because this is my home and a wonderful community!
What do you love about our community? Growing up in Columbia Falls I have witnessed first hand our community pull together in the tough times and celebrate each other’s successes in the good times. There is tremendous power in that support and knowing we are not alone. So much has changed in recent years and Columbia Falls has grown a lot, but we have still stayed true to who we are and what it means to be a part of this community. At it’s core, Columbia Falls is made up of good people who are proud to call this our home.
Why did you join the ambassador program? I have always had a deep appreciation of the community here and recognize that that what we have is unique. Because we have something special it is all the more important that we get involved in order to protect that and share it with others. I joined the ambassador program to share my passion for community development and growth with people who feel the same way I do about the place and people I care about.
What do you love about our community? What I love about the community of Columbia Falls is the actual community itself. It is the people and feeling you get when you are there. Growing up in Columbia Falls, I knew it was a special place and I knew that I was lucky to have deep roots in the town. However, as an adult I have also realized what an honor it was and how badly I want my children to also be raised there. While the town and the community has grown over the last decade since I was a high school cheerleader for the Wildcats it is in many ways the exact same. Columbia Falls is home and at the end of the day it is one big family that supports and rallies with one another. To say that is special is an understatement.
Why did you join the ambassador program? The reason I joined the ambassador program for The Columbia Falls Chamber of Commerce, is because I love being involved in the amazing community that is not only Columbia Falls but the Flathead Valley. I think it is so important not only professionally but as well as personally. I also really want to continue to give back to the community that has not only given myself but my family so much and help it to continue to grow and prosper for many generations to come. There are also so many unbelievable people involved in the chamber, and I am so excited to make stronger connections and learn from everyone
What do you love about our community? I love our community because neighbors still care about neighbors help each other out in times of need
Why did you join the ambassador program? Deana Payne, another ambassador, had a big influence when she told me about some community events the Chamber was doing and I wanted to be involved with those events in my community.
I have been in the valley for most of my life and what I love about the Flathead Valley is it’s people. In good times and bad times we are all here to support one another. I love all the opportunities this valley has provided for me. From being able to raise my daughter in a safe community to being afforded the opportunity to have a very successful career in the area I call home.
I joined the Columbia Falls Chamber of Commerce to give back to the town I grew up in. To help it and our businesses be successful and flourish. I also really enjoy all the networking opportunities it will provide and the ability to promote the business I work in and love.
What do you love about our community: Growing up in this community, I think it is awesome to see the accomplishments that have been made and the momentum that has been created to continue to make the community an awesome place to live and attract others to do the same. As a small community the over powering support is truly unique and the sense of pride is overwhelming.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I was attracted to the ambassador program for many reasons, but my main focus was I wanted to continue to see our community succeed and thrive. It was a great opportunity to give back and dedicate time by promoting businesses in our community. I know it takes many active people to volunteer in order to continue the energy and excitement, so I am willing to do that.
What do you love about our community: I was born and raised in Columbia Falls, and it never ceases to amaze me how kind and generous the community is. Although it has grown a lot over the years, it still has the same small-town feel that I love.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I have attended the monthly chamber meetings for the past year off and on, and have wanted to become more involved with the Columbia Falls Chamber after seeing all it has accomplished. The Ambassador program gives me the opportunity to meet and learn about other businesses in our area, and be a part of helping them grow alongside our community.
What do you love about our community:
The community of Columbia Falls has the fusion of mountain town charm and western heritage. The people compliment the town in all age groups, from elders that lead by Montana values or young mountain athletes blazing new trails.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I joined the Columbia Falls Chamber ambassador program because ever since I was small I have had the FOMO (“Fear Of Missing Out”). I am always excited to hear what events and services are available in the community and find it natural to spread the good word to all.
What do you love about our community: I love that Columbia Falls is small enough that you’re likely to see
someone you know at the grocery store and located in such a beautiful place with endless outdoor possibilities!
Why did you join the ambassador program: I joined the ambassador program because I am excited about all the changes and growth in my community and want to be a part of them!
Why do you love our I love our community? because you are never left alone! There is always someone standing by to give a helping hand if you need it.
Why did you join the ambassador program? I joined the ambassador program in hopes of meeting new people and doing my part in helping in the community.
What do you love about our community? I love that Columbia Falls is home. Columbia Falls is home to various people of various different careers, backgrounds, ideals and ways of life. As a community we are stubborn and headstrong, a community that has had to bend and grow and re-emerge several times stronger due to job loss, economic change and influx of work. We are a solid community that steps up. If I look at Columbia Falls through the eyes of the School District #6 we are not only a community that represents a single nuclear area, but we are a community that has the ongoing opportunity to join in tandem with Coram, Hungry Horse, West Glacier and Martin City. They are very much part of our community and a large part of what makes C. Falls strong and unique. We are lucky to have such an array of resources, people and opportunities in this vibrant place. Columbia Falls is a wealth of outdoor recreation, employment and beauty that is unmatched anywhere else in the State. The proximity of resources allows us as a community to have year round employment opportunities and areas for growth. We have backbone and we have struggles. We are a community with strong values of hard work, grit and neighborliness. I love Columbia Falls because it is home.
Why did you join the Ambassador Program? I joined the Ambassador Program for selfish reasons: Firstly, I would like to grow professionally and personally by helping to grow business relationships within the community. I would also like to introduce the large workforce resources we have at the Columbia Falls High School. There are hundreds of educated, talented, and hard working students that are a great resource to the businesses of our community. I also joined the Ambassador program because on a daily basis I watch families and students struggle due to housing issues. Columbia Falls is faced with a housing crisis and I believe our local businesses have the opportunity to become stewards in growth in this area. I would like to work closely to foster strong relationships with businesses in order to ensure C.Falls students graduate with the skills and education local businesses desire. I would like to become more involved overall in the local business environment. I believe that the Chamber and local businesses offer the public and incredible service.
What do you love about our community? I love how the community of Columbia Falls supports ’their own’. This relates to businesses supporting businesses to the community supporting the students and school sports.
Why did you join the Ambassador Program? I have been a board member and want to stay involved serving the community of Columbia Falls
What do you love about our community? What I love about CFalls as a community…it’s GROWTH! Growth is good as long as the Master Plan is sustainable and we’re thinking far enough in the future that what we do today doesn’t burden our future generations.
Why did you join the ambassador program? Volunteering as a Columbia Falls Chamber Ambassador I have the opportunity to interact with other local businesses. Doors open when you volunteer. Community service is a great outlet for meeting others thus broadening your network and finding those with similar interests. Community service, of any kind, betters our community!
Complete the form at the bottom of page and a Chamber representative will contact you with more information.
Ambassador Roles & Responsibilities
Interested in being a part of the program?
Mission: The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador committee are a group a dedicated business professionals who serve as liaisons between the Chamber of Commerce and member businesses to foster meaningful participation from the membership to increase member retention and engagement.
Goals: The Ambassador Committee is a pivotal link between the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and its members.
- Foster engagement with new Chamber members during their first 6 months of membership.
- Re-engage current members.
- Promote Chamber Member businesses to one another and to the public.
- Promote the value of the Chamber to member businesses.
Benefits of Being a Chamber Ambassador:
- Opportunities to network with other businesses and the public during events
- Be one of the first to meet and support new members while promoting your own business.
- Make a difference in your business community by helping to plan and execute business growth activities.
- Meet and work with business leaders in our community.
- Peer recognition among other dedicated professionals like yourself.
- Develop sales, management, networking and marketing skills.
Requirements: As an Ambassador, you are required to:
- Be a current member of the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Have employers approval for participation in the Ambassadors program
- Serve as an Ambassador for a minimum of 1 year
- 1-3 hours of volunteer service per month
- Track and report service hours
- Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- Understand Chamber member benefits and features
- Assist in the recruiting and retention of Chamber members
- Always positively promote the Chamber
- Attend Monthly Ambassador Committee Meetings: Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- These Committee meetings are vital to the growth and success of the Ambassador Program. Chamber updates, program discussion, and new member distribution occur at each meeting.
- Tracking forms must be completed prior to and submitted monthly at the Ambassador Committee Meeting.
- Membership Recruitment: Promote the Chamber to assist in recruiting new member businesses that would benefit from Chamber membership.
- New Member Visits: Relationship building program with new members. New member businesses will be assigned to you at the monthly Ambassador Committee meeting by the Chamber Executive Director.
- Engage Existing Members: Each Ambassador will be assigned a list of existing members to contact throughout the year. A minimum of 1 contact per year is required via email, phone or in person, in addition to the decal distribution visit below and 12 Days of Christmas donation request.
- Membership Decal Distribution: Each Ambassador will be required to deliver Membership Decals annually to their assigned member list.
- Greeters and Registration at Chamber Events: Ambassadors assist Chamber staff with general registration, check-in and drawings at Chamber sponsored events. Events include Chamber luncheons, Eat and Educate Seminars, Business After Hours, and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies. Ambassadors are required to attend a minimum of 1 event/month and wear their name badge at each event.
- Special Events:
- 12 Days of Christmas: Annual fundraiser the first 12 days of December. Ambassadors will be required to assist in picking up donations, reaching out to designated member businesses in regards to donations, and assist in filming a minimum 1 live video in December.
- Heritage Days 3 on 3 Basketball: Annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament the last Saturday of July. Ambassadors will be required to volunteer a minimum of 1 hour to assist Chamber staff in running the tournament.
- Have fun!
Chamber Responsibilities to the Ambassadors:
Ambassadors should expect the following from the Chamber:
- Training on skills and information required to compete Ambassador Responsibilities and duties.
- Access to Chamber information needed to serve as an Ambassador
- Response to Ambassador requests for member follow up
- Acceptance of Ambassador feedback
- Recognition on performance
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Support from Chamber staff and board of directors