The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce has 15 dedicated professionals who serve as our ambassadors. Our new ambassador program launched in October 2018. Please meet our valued ambassadors:
What you love about our community: I love that Columbia Falls is full of kind hearted, hard working Montanans who care about our community and each other.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I joined the ambassador program because I enjoy spending time with people in our community and want to be part of making our community stronger.
What you love about our community: I grew up in Columbia Falls and have a very strong connection not only to the community members but the business community. Columbia Falls is an example of a community with compassion for all members. From the way we gather together to rally behind someone in need to celebrating our High Schools victories. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of this positive energy?
Why you joined the ambassador program: My professional career started here working with our local businesses. I have always held this community close to my heart. The opportunities the Chamber offers its’ members are amazing and I want to be a part of this energized group working together building Columbia Falls. I’m looking forward to Ribbon Cuttings, After Hours and monthly meetings.
What you love about our community: Growing up in this community, I think it is awesome to see the accomplishments that have been made and the momentum that has been created to continue to make the community an awesome place to live and attract others to do the same. As a small community the over powering support is truly unique and the sense of pride is overwhelming.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I was attracted to the ambassador program for many reasons, but my main focus was I wanted to continue to see our community succeed and thrive. It was a great opportunity to give back and dedicate time by promoting businesses in our community. I know it takes many active people to volunteer in order to continue the energy and excitement, so I am willing to do that.
Jesse has been in the Flathead for the past 22+ years. He very much enjoys the service & knowledge we provide to our community. During his career in the physical therapy industry Jesse has been fortunate enough to be a part of patient triumphs, victories, & breaking down barriers to a more functional lifestyle they can enjoy.
Jesse has been with his lovely wife Kelsie for 10 years going on 11. (His
high school sweetheart) She is very much his better half & partner in crime! They have 2 dogs and 2 cats they adore. In their free time they enjoy hiking, playing with their fur babies, kayaking, shooting, & working on their home. Jesse brings a wealth of knowledge, combined with a warm heart for our
What you love about our community: I was born and raised in Columbia Falls, and it never ceases to amaze me how kind and generous the community is. Although it has grown a lot over the years, it still has the same small-town feel that I love.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I have attended the monthly chamber meetings for the past year off and on, and have wanted to become more involved with the Columbia Falls Chamber after seeing all it has accomplished. The Ambassador program gives me the opportunity to meet and learn about other businesses in our area, and be a part of helping them grow alongside our community.
What you love about our community: Our community is all about building each other up and helping each other out. If someone is in need, there is always someone more than willing to step up in any way possible. It truly is still a small town fell even with all the recent growth.
Why you joined the ambassador program: I wanted to get involved both personally and professionally. I feel like the ambassador program is a good way to meet more people in the community as well as help out with various events and fundraisers.
I love that Columbia Falls is small enough that you’re likely to see
someone you know at the grocery store and located in such a beautiful place with endless outdoor possibilities!
I joined the ambassador program because I am excited about all the changes and growth in my community and want to be a part of them!
What you love about our community:I love how much this community roots for the continued success of every business and individual. Every one is each other’s biggest cheerleader and that is so refreshing and inspiring to witness.
Why you joined the program: I joined the ambassador program as a way to find opportunities to volunteer at all the unique and fun events the community puts on as well as a way to start meeting more people in the area. Some of the best philosophy I have gained while working in my industry, is the importance of giving back to the communities you serve. There is no greater reward than supporting an organization that leads to the success of so many.
What do you love about our community? I love that Columbia Falls is home. Columbia Falls is home to various people of various different careers, backgrounds, ideals and ways of life. As a community we are stubborn and headstrong, a community that has had to bend and grow and re-emerge several times stronger due to job loss, economic change and influx of work. We are a solid community that steps up. If I look at Columbia Falls through the eyes of the School District #6 we are not only a community that represents a single nuclear area, but we are a community that has the ongoing opportunity to join in tandem with Coram, Hungry Horse, West Glacier and Martin City. They are very much part of our community and a large part of what makes C. Falls strong and unique. We are lucky to have such an array of resources, people and opportunities in this vibrant place. Columbia Falls is a wealth of outdoor recreation, employment and beauty that is unmatched anywhere else in the State. The proximity of resources allows us as a community to have year round employment opportunities and areas for growth. We have backbone and we have struggles. We are a community with strong values of hard work, grit and neighborliness. I love Columbia Falls because it is home.
Why did you join the Ambassador Program? I joined the Ambassador Program for selfish reasons: Firstly, I would like to grow professionally and personally by helping to grow business relationships within the community. I would also like to introduce the large workforce resources we have at the Columbia Falls High School. There are hundreds of educated, talented, and hard working students that are a great resource to the businesses of our community. I also joined the Ambassador program because on a daily basis I watch families and students struggle due to housing issues. Columbia Falls is faced with a housing crisis and I believe our local businesses have the opportunity to become stewards in growth in this area. I would like to work closely to foster strong relationships with businesses in order to ensure C.Falls students graduate with the skills and education local businesses desire. I would like to become more involved overall in the local business environment. I believe that the Chamber and local businesses offer the public and incredible service.
Interested in being a part of the program?
Ambassador Roles & Responsibilities
Complete the form at the bottom of page and a Chamber representative will contact you with more information.
Mission: The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador committee are a group a dedicated business professionals who serve as liaisons between the Chamber of Commerce and member businesses to foster meaningful participation from the membership to increase member retention and engagement.
Goals: The Ambassador Committee is a pivotal link between the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and its members.
- Foster engagement with new Chamber members during their first 6 months of membership.
- Re-engage current members.
- Promote Chamber Member businesses to one another and to the public.
- Promote the value of the Chamber to member businesses.
Benefits of Being a Chamber Ambassador:
- Opportunities to network with other businesses and the public during events
- Be one of the first to meet and support new members while promoting your own business.
- Make a difference in your business community by helping to plan and execute business growth activities.
- Meet and work with business leaders in our community.
- Peer recognition among other dedicated professionals like yourself.
- Develop sales, management, networking and marketing skills.
Requirements: As an Ambassador, you are required to:
- Be a current member of the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Have employers approval for participation in the Ambassadors program
- Serve as an Ambassador for a minimum of 1 year
- 1-3 hours of volunteer service per month
- Track and report service hours
- Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- Understand Chamber member benefits and features
- Assist in the recruiting and retention of Chamber members
- Always positively promote the Chamber
- Attend Monthly Ambassador Committee Meetings: Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- These Committee meetings are vital to the growth and success of the Ambassador Program. Chamber updates, program discussion, and new member distribution occur at each meeting.
- Tracking forms must be completed prior to and submitted monthly at the Ambassador Committee Meeting.
- Membership Recruitment: Promote the Chamber to assist in recruiting new member businesses that would benefit from Chamber membership.
- New Member Visits: Relationship building program with new members. New member businesses will be assigned to you at the monthly Ambassador Committee meeting by the Chamber Executive Director.
- Engage Existing Members: Each Ambassador will be assigned a list of existing members to contact throughout the year. A minimum of 1 contact per year is required via email, phone or in person, in addition to the decal distribution visit below and 12 Days of Christmas donation request.
- Membership Decal Distribution: Each Ambassador will be required to deliver Membership Decals annually to their assigned member list.
- Greeters and Registration at Chamber Events: Ambassadors assist Chamber staff with general registration, check-in and drawings at Chamber sponsored events. Events include Chamber luncheons, Eat and Educate Seminars, Business After Hours, and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies. Ambassadors are required to attend a minimum of 1 event/month and wear their name badge at each event.
- Special Events:
- 12 Days of Christmas: Annual fundraiser the first 12 days of December. Ambassadors will be required to assist in picking up donations, reaching out to designated member businesses in regards to donations, and assist in filming a minimum 1 live video in December.
- Heritage Days 3 on 3 Basketball: Annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament the last Saturday of July. Ambassadors will be required to volunteer a minimum of 1 hour to assist Chamber staff in running the tournament.
- Have fun!
Chamber Responsibilities to the Ambassadors:
Ambassadors should expect the following from the Chamber:
- Training on skills and information required to compete Ambassador Responsibilities and duties.
- Access to Chamber information needed to serve as an Ambassador
- Response to Ambassador requests for member follow up
- Acceptance of Ambassador feedback
- Recognition on performance
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Support from Chamber staff and board of directors