Ambassador Roles & Responsibilities
Complete the form at the bottom of page and a Chamber representative will contact you with more information.
Mission: The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador committee are a group a dedicated business professionals who serve as liaisons between the Chamber of Commerce and member businesses to foster meaningful participation from the membership to increase member retention and engagement.
Goals: The Ambassador Committee is a pivotal link between the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce and its members.
- Foster engagement with new Chamber members during their first 6 months of membership.
- Re-engage current members.
- Promote Chamber Member businesses to one another and to the public.
- Promote the value of the Chamber to member businesses.
Benefits of Being a Chamber Ambassador:
- Opportunities to network with other businesses and the public during events
- Be one of the first to meet and support new members while promoting your own business.
- Make a difference in your business community by helping to plan and execute business growth activities.
- Meet and work with business leaders in our community.
- Peer recognition among other dedicated professionals like yourself.
- Develop sales, management, networking and marketing skills.
Requirements: As an Ambassador, you are required to:
- Be a current member of the Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce
- Have employers approval for participation in the Ambassadors program
- Serve as an Ambassador for a minimum of 1 year
- 1-3 hours of volunteer service per month
- Track and report service hours
- Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- Understand Chamber member benefits and features
- Assist in the recruiting and retention of Chamber members
- Always positively promote the Chamber
- Attend Monthly Ambassador Committee Meetings: Attend a minimum of 75% of Ambassador Committee Meetings.
- These Committee meetings are vital to the growth and success of the Ambassador Program. Chamber updates, program discussion, and new member distribution occur at each meeting.
- Tracking forms must be completed prior to and submitted monthly at the Ambassador Committee Meeting.
- Membership Recruitment: Promote the Chamber to assist in recruiting new member businesses that would benefit from Chamber membership.
- New Member Visits: Relationship building program with new members. New member businesses will be assigned to you at the monthly Ambassador Committee meeting by the Chamber Executive Director.
- Engage Existing Members: Each Ambassador will be assigned a list of existing members to contact throughout the year. A minimum of 1 contact per year is required via email, phone or in person, in addition to the decal distribution visit below and 12 Days of Christmas donation request.
- Membership Decal Distribution: Each Ambassador will be required to deliver Membership Decals annually to their assigned member list.
- Greeters and Registration at Chamber Events: Ambassadors assist Chamber staff with general registration, check-in and drawings at Chamber sponsored events. Events include Chamber luncheons, Eat and Educate Seminars, Business After Hours, and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies. Ambassadors are required to attend a minimum of 1 event/month and wear their name badge at each event.
- Special Events:
- 12 Days of Christmas: Annual fundraiser the first 12 days of December. Ambassadors will be required to assist in picking up donations, reaching out to designated member businesses in regards to donations, and assist in filming a minimum 1 live video in December.
- Heritage Days 3 on 3 Basketball: Annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament the last Saturday of July. Ambassadors will be required to volunteer a minimum of 1 hour to assist Chamber staff in running the tournament.
- Have fun!
Chamber Responsibilities to the Ambassadors:
Ambassadors should expect the following from the Chamber:
- Training on skills and information required to compete Ambassador Responsibilities and duties.
- Access to Chamber information needed to serve as an Ambassador
- Response to Ambassador requests for member follow up
- Acceptance of Ambassador feedback
- Recognition on performance
- Ambassador of the Year Award
- Support from Chamber staff and board of directors