The Crown of the Continent Discovery Center (COCDC) has something for everyone and is fun for all ages! This is a must-stop-shop on your way to or from Glacier National Park. Located just 1.5 miles from the West entrance of Glacier National Park, the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center proudly features:
- Made in Montana gift shop
- Outdoor recreation gear shop
- Montana and Glacier National Park logo-wear
- Ice cream parlor featuring locally-made treats from Sweet Peaks Ice Cream
- Pre-made locally sourced lunches to-go
- Snacks and drinks for your trip in the park
- Horseback trail rides that depart right from the Discovery Center!
- Public bathrooms
- Swan Mountain Outfitters activities and reservations center
- Visitor information
- Free and educational geotourism displays that teach about the region
- Petting zoo, fun for kids of all ages!
- La Casita, our in-house authentic Mexican restaurant and a local favorite
- Bar featuring locally crafted beers on tap, cocktails made with local spirits and local wine
- Coffee and espresso shop, and more!
- Neighboring businesses within walking distance to the COCDC offer helicopter tours, hiking, fishing, whitewater rafting and lodging
Enjoy a latte, ice cream cone or a cold beverage inside, or on our large outdoor covered porch. Grab a pre-made lunch to get you through your hike in the park. Bring your kids in to use the interactive geotourism displays, while you shop for unique and locally made gifts. Eat a burrito made with freshly-made, hand pressed tortillas at La Casita Mexican Restaurant. Reserve and indulge in a horseback trail ride in Glacier National Park, or right from the Discovery Center; where you will ride through the Flathead National Forest. Before you leave, say hi to our cute and friendly four-legged friends in the petting zoo!
Watch this video to learn more about the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center!
GEOTOURISM BASED VACATIONS
If you’re planning to explore Glacier National Park, it’s important to know that the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center is committed to the ‘Thirteen Principles’ of geotourism, to help enhance the area where we live and work. We aim to tell the whole story of Glacier National Park and the Crown of the Continent region, connecting you with valuable resources and partners that contribute to the Crown of the Continent project. Visit our State of Montana, grant funded, interpretive geotourism displays to learn more about the Crown of the Continent region
Glacier National Park Transportation
GLACIER MOPED RENTALS – NOW OPEN FOR SEASON 2018!
Glacier Moped Rentals are located at the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center, just one mile from the West entrance of Glacier National Park! Moped rentals offers the traveler a unique and fun experience. Use mopeds as alternative transportation for Glacier National Park sightseeing and self-guided tours. Guests receive a self-guided tour map, and may choose to download a satellite tour map. Furthermore, riders can feel comfortable operating the Honda Ruckus; they are a heartier moped that is easy to use in mountainous landscapes.
Mopeds satisfy a number of uses, and can be rented for one hour or several days. Additionally, motorcycle licenses are not required and staff will provide operating instructions.
Why Rent Mopeds to See Glacier National Park?
Summer is for moped rentals, and it’s the best way to get an instant eye-full of Glacier National Park! Moped rentals are loved by adventure travelers who seek the freedom of a self-guided tour with unobstructed views of Glacier, while zooming around in the open air.
Reasons to rent a moped during your visit to Flathead Valley in Northwest Montana and Glacier National Park
- Enjoy the freedom of a self-guided road tour, on your own time and at your own pace
- Mopeds are easy to use and do not require a motorcycle license!
- See more from a moped with the open air views, sounds, and smells that you don’t get from driving in a car
- Mopeds are a perfect alternative form of transportation for Amtrak train travelers
- Leave the RV parked while camping near Glacier National Park; mopeds are convenient transportation for site seeing and errands
- Driving a moped is fun and creates lasting memories
- Moped rentals are great as a solo activity, with a date, or with a group of friends
- Self-guided tour map and online app provides all our “locals-picks” for scenic stops in the park
- Helmet, safety briefing, and in-parking lot instruction and practice is included with moped rentals
Moped Rental Rates
1 Hour: $40/ moped
2 Hour: $80/ moped
1/2 Day + Lunch (4 hours): $135
1/2 Day No Lunch: $120
All Day + Lunch (8 hours): $240
All Day No Lunch: $225
Overnight Surcharge (return all-day rental by 7:30 am next day): $35
Call to reserve your moped today! (406) 387-4405