Heritage Days is a celebration of our town’s history and heritage which is held annually during the last full weekend of July. In 2017, Heritage Days will be celebrated the July 26th- July 30th. The graduated classes of Columbia Falls High School have a long standing tradition of holding their reunions during Heritage Days.
Annual activities include Boogie to the Bank, Wildcat Endowment Auction, Parade and Carnival, Barn Dance, Car Show, Rodeo, and the famous running of the Wild Horses through town on Highway 2. One of the most popular activities is the 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament which is played on the closed streets of Columbia Falls by kids in grades 5-12.
You can learn more about this year’s celebration, schedule and activities at CFallsHeritageDays.com.
Please note that all game times are subject to change. Each game is to 15 points or 15 minutes, whichever comes first. This makes it very difficult to give you an exact time of any game other than the opening rounds.
Typically, games run around 10 minutes, so please take that into consideration as you are coming and going. Any team that is not on the court within 2 minutes of the game being announced will forfeit the game.
Thank you for your assistance with this.
- True Double Elimination
- Games will be played to 15 points or 15 minutes, whichever comes first.
- Coin toss determines first ball possession. Coin toss will also determine first ball possession if a game goes into overtime.
- Ball must be taken back out as far as the top of the extended key on any change of possession before a basket can be made.
- Teams must be ready to play at designated times. If a team fails to be on the court within 2 minutes of the game being announced the game may be forfeited.
- Player substitutes may be made on change of possession or free throws.
- All teams must play man to man defense.
- If 4 players are on the roster, all 4 players must participate. In case of injury, a team may continue with 3 but may not substitute other players.
- Free throws will be awarded on shooting fouls and intentional fouls only.
- If within the 3 point arc, 1 free throw is awarded.
- If outside of the 3 point arc, 2 free throws awarded.
- Free throws count as 1 point
- All baskets inside of the 3 point arc count as 1 point.
- Baskets made beyond the 3 point arc count as 2.
- Stalling tactics are not allowed.
- First offense = warning
- Second offense = ball is awarded to opposing team
- If an errant ball comes onto the court, play immediately stops. Team will possession will re-start ball at the top of the key.
All teams check in: 7:30am
First Game Starts at 8:00am
Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each division.
Call or email Laura with any questions.
Office: 406-892-2072 Cell: 509-953-9825 email@example.com