- This event has passed.
October General Membership Meeting
October 12 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm$14.00
Our monthly membership meeting this month will focus on childcare in the Flathead Valley. Lorraine Clarno, Kalispell Chamber of Commerce, and Kate McMahon, Applied Communications, will present the findings of their 2021 childcare study and discuss their action plan moving forward. Finding innovative, creative and meaningful solutions is going to take everyone. Through the study they are looking for input from Flathead Valley stakeholders, business leaders and community members. This presentation will focus on childcare and you will also have time to be involved in the discussion and provide feedback and information.
Topic: Childcare in the Flathead Valley
Presented by Lorraine Clarno, Kalispell Chamber of Commerce and Kate McMahon, Applied Communications
Here is a sneak peek of some of the data:
• 40% of all Montana businesses have difficulty recruiting and retaining a qualified workforce due to a lack of childcare.
• Approximately 55,000 parents in Montana reported working reduced hours in 2020? That accounts for approximately 10% of the state’s labor force.
• Montana businesses lose nearly $55M annually due to inadequate childcare.
How to Attend:
We will be offering this membership meeting in a hybrid format.
RSVP’s and Advanced Payment Required to Attend In Person: (only 55 spots available)
- In Person RSVP/Payment $14.00/person: https://www.columbiafallschamber.org/product/general-membership-meeting-payment/
- Zoom RSVP: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83273644854?pwd=NDZkYm15LzZEUGMwODRmM3JZRFAwZz09
- 11:30-12:00 Networking and Lunch
- Catered by The House of S&M, $14.00/person
- 12:00-1:00pm Featured Presentation