- This event has passed.
Independent Contractors: Understanding the Basics
April 16 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Time: 1:30 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.
Location: Job Service Kalispell 427 1st Avenue East, Kalispell
Cost: Free to attend
Registration: Call Job Service Kalispell 406.758.6200 (Space is limited to the first 40 people who register)
Join a Compliance Specialist from the Independent Contractor Central Unit, Montana Department of Labor to learn about Montana law, regarding independent contractors and get your questions answered.
- What is an Independent Contractor Exemption
- What you need to know – the difference between an Independent Contractor and an employee
- Who needs an Independent Contractor exemption or worker’s compensation coverage
- How to become an Independent Contractor
- What documents to ask for if you are hiring an Independent Contractor
Who should attend:
- Individuals working as Independent Contractors
- Individuals wanting to know how to become an Independent Contractor
- Businesses contracting with Independent Contractors
- Businesses interested in contracting with Independent Contractors
This event is free. Space is limited to the first 40 people who register.