- This event has passed.
September 4, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
HIRING, MANAGING, DISCIPLINING AND FIRING
IN MONTANA WITHOUT GETTING BURNED!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND Managers, Business Owners, & Human Resource Professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• How can I fire someone without getting burned?
• What rights do employees have?
• What rights do businesses have?
• Who is an employee and who is an independent contractor?
• Are there special rules for public sector employees than private sector employees?
• How do I decide if an employee gets overtime pay?
• When do I have to pay someone for time worked? What is time worked?
• How old does someone have to be to work?
• What employee benefits am I required to have?
• Which rules does my business need to follow: federal or state?
• What is the difference between a rule and regulation? Why do I care?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND Managers, Business Owners, & Human Resource Professionals
Jim Nys has well over 30 years’ experience in personnel management and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the University of Montana. Nys is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources by the Human Resource Certification Institute, a Certified Staffing Professional by the American Staffing Association and a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Nys is a member of the NFIB and part of the NFIB MT Leadership Council.
Michelle Edmunds has over 10 years of experience coaching and working with business owners and managers on human resource issues. Edmunds is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources by the Human Resource Certification Institute and a Certified Senior Professional by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Edmunds holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources and Industrial Relations from the top ranked business school, the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
Contact: email@example.com for any questions