- This event has passed.
2019 Assistance for Business Clinic
May 7 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm$55
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Time: 7:30am – 8:00am Registration
8:00am – 5:00pm Opening remarks & agency presentations
Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 1840 US Hwy 93 South Kalispell
Cost: $55 per person, includes lunch
The Assistance for Business Clinics are designed to provide new and established businesses, accountants, bookkeepers, human resource professionals and attorneys with updated information on topics such as: Montana Department of Revenue’s new Form MW-4 and their E-Services, Unemployment Insurance Tax requirements, workers’ compensation coverage, Independent Contractor regulations, using Labor Market Information to make business decisions, the Registered Apprenticeship Program, tax incentives, minimum wage, overtime, new hire reporting, and USERRA laws and regulations.
The ABC Clinic is a great opportunity for businesses to learn from knowledgeable presenters and establish a network of government experts that can be contacted when questions or issues arise.
• E-Services and new tax form information (Department of Revenue)
• Wage & Hour laws, including Independent Contractor regulations (DLI)
• New administrative rules regarding quarterly UI report filing (DLI)
• Overview of the Unemployment Insurance Benefit Program (DLI)
• How to use occupational data to make business decisions (DLI)
• Basics of the Montana’s Workers’ Compensation System and changes to medical benefits through the new drug formulary (DLI)
• Navigating Discrimination Laws in Montana (DLI)
• Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (ESGR)
Attendees will receive a spiral bound book containing all presentations, as well as other publications related to the information provided.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS AVAILABLE: CPE, CLE, SHRM, HRCI
Please indicate if you need credits in your registration comments.
Sponsored by: Job Service Kalispell & Kalispell Chamber