Northern Flathead Valley is easily accessible by both Amtrak and Glacier Park International Airport. Amtrak stops in West Glacier and Whitefish, rolling right through Columbia Falls. Once in the early 1900’s, there was a Columbia Falls station, which today can be seen in the building’s second location on US Hwy 2, where it has become a lovely antique and home décor store.
The Flathead Valley is extremely accessible, with air service at Glacier Park International Airport (airport code FCA), where you can fly direct to many locations.
Glacier International Airport is situated in the Flathead Valley and is just minutes away from Columbia Falls. www.iflyglacier.com
- Alaska Airlines, 1-800-252-7522, alaskaair.com, Alaska Airlines offers daily service through Seattle.
- Allegiant, 1-702-505-8888, www.allegiantair.com, Allegiant offers twice-weekly, non-stop service to Las Vegas and Phoenix. Seasonal service through San Diego.
- American Airlines, 1-800-433-7300, www.aa.com, American Airlines offers seasonal, weekly service to Dallas, Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York (LGA).
- Delta Air Lines, 1-800-221-1212, delta.com, Delta Connection service operated by SkyWest Airlines offers daily, non-stop flights through Salt Lake City and Minneapolis Seasonal Service through Atlanta.
- United Airlines, 1-800-864-8331, united.com
- United Airlines offers daily service through Denver. Seasonal service through Chicago.
- Sun Country Airlines, 1- 651-905-2737, https://suncountry.com, Sun Country Airlines offers seasonal, twice-weekly service to Minneapolis / St. Paul.
- JetBlue, 1-800-538-2583, www.jetblue.com, JetBlue offers seasonal service to New York (JFK) three times a week.
Amtrak Rail Service
The West Glacier Amtrak Station is conveniently located near the West entrance of Glacier National Park. A visitor center and bookstore run by the Glacier National Park Conservancy are located inside. Visit www.amtrak.com/stations/wgl for arrival and departure information.
Mountain Climber bus service provides services to the public within the Flathead County. On-demand-ride options are available by appointment by calling 406-758-5728 or visiting www.flathead.mt.gov/eagle
Glacier Jeep Rentals, Columbia Falls, 406-314-5337
Budget, Glacier International Airport Location, 406-755-7500
Dollar, Kalispell, 406-892-0009
Hertz, Kalispell, 406-758-2220
Nearby Cities and Distance from Columbia Falls
- Coram, MT (10 miles)
- Essex, MT (44 miles)
- Hungry Horse, MT (7 miles)
- Kalispell, MT (17 miles)
- Polebridge, MT (35 miles)
- West Glacier, MT (19 miles) – West Entrance to Glacier National Park
- Whitefish, MT (10 miles)