The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is looking for a part-time and long-term Administrative Assistant. We are looking for someone who wants to help promote our community as the place to work, live and PLAY! In this role you will be assisting the Executive Director by answering phone calls, assisting with Chamber events, as well as social media and website management among many other duties.
COLUMBIA FALLS AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in fulfilling the objectives and mission of the chamber during scheduled hours at the Visitor Center and at Chamber events, as deemed necessary.
CHAMBER MISSION STATEMENT:
To foster and promote the prosperity and growth of its members and the civic, commercial, industrial and agricultural interests of the community in a way which maintains a small town, family-oriented character.
1. Assist with running and stocking visitor center/Chamber office, including phone calls, greeting and assisting visitors and Chamber members, cleaning office, and stocking display racks
2. Answer phone calls and make member phone calls
3. Prepare visitor, relocation, and new member packets
4. Assist with preparation and planning of Chamber sponsored events
5. Check mail and assist with billing and preparing other mail items
6. Assist with Chamber social media (Website, Mailchimp, Linked In, Facebook &
Instagram), including updating a marketing plan
7. Assist with management of Chamber website
8. Assist with upkeep of spreadsheets and data tracking
9. Add Chamber events to area event calendars
10. Ambassador Program: Assist with ambassador program, updating member lists, and assist with managing program and ensuring it is meeting its goals
11. Support and participate in Chamber events as deemed necessary by executive director
12. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
– Part Time
– M-F, 9:00-1:00pm
– Evening/Weekend Hours may be required for special events
Hourly Rate: $14.50/hour
Holiday Benefit: You will be paid for seven holidays per year including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
EDUCATION AND EXERIENCE
Requirements: Must have current Montana’s Drivers’ License and personal car available for business use. Car must be insured, and proof of insurance provided annually. Driving record will be reviewed through background check. Strong customer service skills to support interaction at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Experience Preferred in social media, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop or comparable program, WordPress and Power Point.
The Columbia Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting wage is $14.50/hour. Please email your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com if interested!